Acts of Kindness or NOT

The other day I was trying to put my mother's wheelchair in my car. As I struggled with the heavy item, her two neighbors stood and their yard and watched. I became frustrated when it finally couldn't get it in my Camry and shoved it back in the house and came up with a "Plan B".

While tooling around with my Mother who used an electric cart at Wal-Mart, (the Greeter was extremely helper in getting us one), I stewed about her neighbors. I could not understand why they just watched as they saw me obviously struggling. Why would someone not try to help someone else?

As I stood in the checkout line later, a baby in front of my had kicked off her pink sock and her parents had not noticed. I could have done nothing, left it on the ground, but I picked it up and handed it to the father. Both the Mom and Dad thanked me gratefully. I was touched, it was only a sock afterall.

I realized it is not always the big things that you do in life that count. It is the small things that you do for others. I'm going to strive to do what I can when I can for other people and hopefully never become like the gawking neighbors who watched me struggle as I tried to put a wheelchair in my car,

1 comment:

  1. The small things are, in fact, very big things really. They show how much we care. You are a sweet, caring person. Unselfish.

    ReplyDelete